NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Directories

In Search Directories options, there is "Current workspace directory"

I would like to add another path using "Current workspace directory" as prefix. Is there an environment variable which can be used ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,687 Views)

I don't think there is any way to do this, however are you aware that you can just prefix your paths with the subdirectory? For example, if your files exist in a Modules subdirectory underneath your workspace directory you can just specify the paths as follows:

Modules\Mymodule.dll

It's best not to have too many search directories, especially ones which use the "recurse subdirectories" feature because of the following:

1) it increases the chance of matching to the wrong file for files with common names.

2) it hurts performance of relative file path resolution. Mostly this is a load time issue though so generally does not effect runtime performance since this isn't often done at runtime.

I'd recommend making code modules relative to their sequence files whenever possible as this also makes it easier to move them around as long as you keep them in the same relative position to each other. However if you generally share modules between many sequence files and those sequence files are in different directories then a more centralized approach, either their own search directory or relative to the workspace might make more sense.

Anyway, hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 2 of 2
(2,672 Views)