NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunState property in a LabVIEW TestStand operator interface

Is it possible to get the RunState property in a LabVIEW operator interface using the TestStand UI controls or do you have to get it from the TestStand Engine directly?  I want to display on my operator interface the UUT serial number captured through invoking the Test UUTs entry point in the sequential model but can't seem to figure out how to do so.  If I am not mistaken, the value of the serial number would be available through RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber.  I think the serial number can be returned to the operator interface by modifying the process model to send a UI message, but I would think you could also accomplish the same thing more easily by accessing the RunState property in the operator interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,369 Views)

Hi Ryan,

You are correct in stating that the property is available at RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber. The best way to access this - and you actually mention this - is through a UI message. There is a great example of getting data from a executing sequence in a LabVIEW operator interface here.

If you have more questions about using UI messages, let me know.

Regards,

Matt M

Message 2 of 3
(3,350 Views)

Matt,

Thanks for the information.  I was able to get everything working very easily using UI messages.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,347 Views)