NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run-time Operator interface changes between Teststand 1.0.2 and Teststand 2.0 ?

Is there any changes between TS 1.0.2 and 2.0 regarding the operator interface?, can I use my operator interface for TS 1.0.2 with TS 2.0. Where can I find the changes ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,838 Views)
Fredrik,

The shiping operator interfaces of TS 1.0.2 were successfully tested with the TS 2.0 engine.

Page 3 of the ReleaseNotes.pdf for TS 2.0 states:

"TestStand 2.0 includes changes to several components that users may also change. For example, TestStand 2.0 enhances the process model, operator interfaces, and certain step types. If you have made changes to one of these components and placed the changes in the appropriate user directory, TestStand 2.0 will not overwrite your changes. Your modified component will continue to function correctly with TestStand 2.0.

However, if you want both the changes you have made to a component and
the changes that TestStand 2.0 provides, you must do one of the following:

� Use a file-differencing tool to determine the changes between
the TestStand 2.0 version of the component and the original version of the component that you modified. Apply the TestStand 2.0 improvements to your version of the component.

� Use a file-differencing tool to determine the changes you made to the component. Reapply your improvements to a copy you make of the TestStand 2.0 version of the component. Which option you choose depends on whether you or TestStand 2.0 made the larger number of changes to the component.

To compare sequence files, use the sequence file diff/merge tool in the TestStand 2.0 sequence editor. To compare text files, use a source code differencing tool such as Microsoft Windiff, or the file diff/merge tool in the LabWindows/CVI editor."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,838 Views)