NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically Creating LabView Step in TestStand Problems

I am writing a LabView App that generates TestStand Sequences.

When programatically 'specifying the module' of a TestStand Step calling a LabView VI, is it possible to set the values of the parameters passed to the VI by Name?  I am currently creating steps fine, but the only way I can set parameter values is by using the parameters index. 

It would be really nice if I could reference the parameters by the name specified in the VI rather than the index derived when the VI is created.

Any ideas?

Steve

Message Edited by SercoSteve on 01-26-2006 05:58 AM

There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,094 Views)

How are you setting the parameters?  If you are using the TestStand Adapter API, you can iterate through the LabVIEWParameters parameter of the module, and look at the ParameterName property.

Allen P.

NI

Message 2 of 10
(4,058 Views)
Thanks for reply Allen

I have moved things on since I posted my message.  I am iteratively using the parameterName property to create an array of VI parameter names, that I then search, by parameter name passed in, to get an index to that parameter that can then be set by ValueExpr.

When I wrote my message I guess I was hoping there would be a 'get property index by name' method for parameters, but hey the way I have done it works fine.

Thanks Again

Steve   
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,050 Views)

Hello,

I am doing something similar. I am trying to programmaticaly insert a sequence call into a sequence using Labview and then specify the module properties. I was able to create the sequence call, but I am stuck at the Specifying the Module options. I found a method called "Specify", but it causes a popup to occur asking the user to manually specify the module properties. I want to be able to do this step silently without a popup. 

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,666 Views)

Hi Sam

Yep it gave me some problems as well.

See attached.  .JPGs' not Snippets I am affraid my version of LabVIEW doesn't support them.

regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,664 Views)

This is exactly what I have been trying to do. Can you please add the source code ? I need to see how it is done in the Specify Module VI.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,652 Views)

Hi

Maybe this Thread will help you

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=25825 

Regards

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,627 Views)

The source.

regards

Download All
Message 8 of 10
(3,624 Views)

Hello Steve,

Sorry to bother you again, but the VIs are missing all the SubVis. These are the actual VIs I was interested in.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,617 Views)

Sorry Sam my fault

Hopefully these are all of the SubVIs and SubSubVis

regards

Message 10 of 10
(3,606 Views)