NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent deployment error.

When I try to build a deployment I get this error:

Error: Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, either a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved under the current LabVIEW version.
The missing file path is:C:\__views\calTest_jvh\mastrv\Deployments\MASTRV-CalAndTest\target\SupportVIs\NI_report.lvclass
Try loading the following top level VIs and using File->Save All:
C:\__views\calTest_jvh\mastrv\automated_tests\MastrvCalAndTest\Dialogs\Dialogs.lvlib while Processing VIs...

Error: Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, either a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved under the current LabVIEW version.The missing file path is:C:\__views\calTest_jvh\mastrv\Deployments\MASTRV-CalAndTest\target\SupportVIs\NI_report.lvclassTry loading the following top level VIs and using File->Save All:
C:\__views\calTest_jvh\mastrv\automated_tests\MastrvCalAndTest\Dialogs\Dialogs.lvlib while Processing VIs...

I tried the Save All and went ot the parent directory of NI_report.lvclass and performed a mass compile. During the build it complains that some file may not have been compiled in the current version of LV but it won't say which ones. There are over 1800 files in multiple directories under clearCase control so I suspect it can't check in the changes it asks to make.

I have had hundreds of path errors because I updated my developer's suite from 2009 to 2010. Most were my files and I could fix them. This is the last one and I cannot clear it. The tests work fine running TS from my development PC but this build will not build.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,794 Views)

Does your workspace contain an explicit reference to the problem VI lib? I've had similar issues with deployments trying to "find" weak external references. If the workspace contains the explicit reference then the deploy engine should be able to chase down just the required VI's. Also see the notes about deploying dynamic called VI's and issues getting those references working.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,778 Views)

I tried adding it to the .tsw but it did not help.

thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,764 Views)

I tried adding it to the .tsw but it did not help.

thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,764 Views)

One other thing to try is to switch the development engine to RUN TIME ( in the adapter configuration ) and see if the VI's that are broken will show up.

Also what is the search path and are those dependencies going to be carried across your deployment correctly? AMHIK this is an issue.

I've found that before I deploy a TestStand/Labview "project" I want to make SURE everything runs with the Labview RUN-TIME engine set as the LV adapter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,760 Views)

If it is complaining about versions, you should try to Mass Compile the your LabVIEW VIs. (In LabVIEW got to: Tools >> Advanced >> Mass Compile )

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,758 Views)

@prcatk wrote:

One other thing to try is to switch the development engine to RUN TIME ( in the adapter configuration ) and see if the VI's that are broken will show up.

Also what is the search path and are those dependencies going to be carried across your deployment correctly? AMHIK this is an issue.

I've found that before I deploy a TestStand/Labview "project" I want to make SURE everything runs with the Labview RUN-TIME engine set as the LV adapter.

Thanks for the try, but no cigar.

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,720 Views)

Are you saying that everything works with the LV adapter set to the  RUN-TIME engine ( with the version you expect to deploy on)? If that's the case then the deploy should build correctly as the run time LV engine will not autoload any VI's not of exactly the same version.

Are you still receiving the same errors? Can you post those here?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,718 Views)

@prcatk wrote:

Are you saying that everything works with the LV adapter set to the  RUN-TIME engine ( with the version you expect to deploy on)? If that's the case then the deploy should build correctly as the run time LV engine will not autoload any VI's not of exactly the same version.

Are you still receiving the same errors? Can you post those here?

Thanks for posting.

The LV adapter is set to RUN-TIME.

Error: Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, either a subVI is missing or the VI is not saved under the current LabVIEW version.
The missing file path is:C:\__views\calTest_jvh\mastrv\Deployments\MASTRV-CalAndTest\target\SupportVIs\NI_report.lvclass
Try loading the following top level VIs and using File->Save All:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\NI_report.lvclass
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,706 Views)

Hello,

So I gather the Mass compile did not help either?

Could you post your DeploymentUtility.log from here C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Teststand x.x\cfg\?

Thanks,

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,665 Views)