From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification from LabVIEW to TestStand

I'm trying to send notification form LabVIEW to TestStand.

The idea is to break while loop from Operator Interface, during waiting for temperature chamber setpoint, when operator clicks some button.

notifi.PNG

As you can see above, I have a while loop (normaly stop condition is temperature setpoint from temperature chamber). When operator click "break loop" on the OI then "Break step" precondition flag is changed (station global variable) and it should also send notification to "Wait step". 

Unfortunately I don't know how to send this notifier form LabVIEW based OI. I hoped that if I will store notifier reference in FGV, then I will be able to use it in my subVI which you can see below.

notif fgv.PNG

This way I'm getting Error 1 "Incorrect function"...

Any suggestion how to do this loop breaker?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,411 Views)

Michal,

the easy way to solve that specific use case is to keep the terminate button on the UI.

However, if you want to go into direct communication, please reference the "User Instructions" example of these demo implementations.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(3,343 Views)

If you store the notifier reference in an FGV, you will need to be aware of what application instance you're giving the reference to. You also need to make sure the reference is valid at the time you read it out of the FGV.

A better option might be to call GetSyncManager somewhere in your LabVIEW code.

This is something I'm actively trying to create better examples of, so let me know if there's anything in particular that's unclear.

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 3 of 5
(3,336 Views)

So is it possible to get some handler for my notifier in TS with GetSyncManager?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,322 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

So is it possible to get some handler for my notifier in TS with GetSyncManager?

Indeed. That is part of the linked example(s) of my previous post.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 5
(3,317 Views)