NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Array Definitions in Property Loader

Hi,

I want to set the value of a variable with quite a complex type in my property loader file.  The difficulty arises from not knowing array dimensions beforehand.

Normally, if I was defining a simple numeric array, I might do something like this:

ExampleArray <Prop Name='ExampleArray' Type='Array' LBound='[0]' HBound='[2]' ElementType='Number'></Prop>
ExampleArray[0] 5645645
ExampleArray[1] 234234
ExampleArray[2] 6786786

However, in this case, I want to define an array with the following structure.  The top-level array is made up of containers.  Each container contains a string, and another lower level array.  The size of neither the top-level array, nor any of the lower-level arrays, is known beforehand.

ExampleArray <Prop Name='ExampleArray' Type='Array' LBound='[0]' HBound='[2]' ElementType='ExampleContainer'></Prop>
ExampleArray[0].ExampleString "qwewer"
ExampleArray[0].AnotherArray[0] 7897
ExampleArray[0].AnotherArray[1] 22134
ExampleArray[0].AnotherArray[2] 56
ExampleArray[0].AnotherArray[3] 74897
ExampleArray[1].ExampleString "asdasdas"
ExampleArray[1].AnotherArray[0] 65756
ExampleArray[1].AnotherArray[1] 23423
ExampleArray[2].ExampleString "tyutyuty"
ExampleArray[2].AnotherArray[0] 2134
ExampleArray[2].AnotherArray[1] 1
ExampleArray[2].AnotherArray[2] 879

What is the best way to define the number of elements in the lower-level arrays, in the property loader file?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)

Hi Dan,

From my understanding the property loader step is meant to load static data from a file or a database. In your situation it seems like the data is dynamic which may not be possible with this step. This may be a better case for the TestStand Engine rather than the property loader. Maybe getting more context about what you want to accomplish with this could help us to find a different solution or to better understand how this solution could work. 

How is your property loader file being updated?

What is this step being used to accomplish overall?

Regards,

Conrad S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,222 Views)