NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Test limits for a single test sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking to have multiple test limits for the same one sub sequence; then repeat this multiple times. I have achieved this by putting a property load step at the beginning of my sub sequence and passing up a parameter to the main seq. The problem I run into is when I attempt to do the same thing for a second sub seq, I get an error.

In my attached example we have a voltage test that calls a limit file and correctly pulls the limits, but when I attempt to use the same method for my "sync" test. It throws a property load step error.

In the attached, removing the "sync" test will give you an error free program, but adding it in throws the property load error. 

Credit to Ray Farmer for the idea as found in this similar post.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Property-loader-step-load-limits-for-a-subsequence/m-p/205054

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,745 Views)

Voltage sequence has steps "Measure Vout" and "Measure Vin" whereas Sync sequence has steps "500KHz sync" and "700KHz sync".

Make sure step names in Sync sequence has the same names as the steps in Voltage sequence. Then, you can use the same limit file in property loader step.

If you don't want to change the name of the step in the sequence, you need to update the name of the step in the limit file to match the step name in the sequence.

-Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,695 Views)

Hello Shashidhar, I think you miss-understood what I'm trying to do.

I understand that if all the step names are the same it will work, hence my comment of temporarily removing the sync test.

If you look in my main sequence you can see that I am able to execute this by having 3 voltage tests with different limits. I would like to use this same practice a second time with the "sync" test.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TTEng

With the help from an outside source I was able to accomplish what I wanted to do. I figured I would post it here in case anyone else wants to do the same thing.

The short answer is to use a different start of data marker in each sub-sequence and to then call that start of data marker in the limit file. See attached for the details.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,682 Views)