NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message POP UP

Hello,
I have a problem with message POP UP. I have some sequence written in TestStand and after an error occured, I am informed of error by message popup. There is a way to show information of this message in LabView? Like between two .Vi using a vi server?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,958 Views)

If you'd just like the popup not to occur, then you can change the station setting- Configure » Station Options » On Run-Time Error- to something like "Run Cleanup", then just get the error information after the execution is complete.

If you actually need this error information immediately at runtime, there are a few ways to do this. Both of the ones that come to mind require customizing your operator interface:

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,921 Views)

Tanks for reply, but I only have Operator access to this application from test stand. I only know in which file this message popup is. My only tool that I have is LabView 2011, I thought this may work like VI Server in LabView but now I think is not. I read about this in internet and I found that reference named Sequence Contax is a key to do this, but I don't have access to create this. Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,892 Views)

Hello there

Could you explain it a little bit more, why do you need to show the error in LV? 

Regards

Ambrus
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments

??It's just business ??
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,856 Views)

Application show error in Message POP UP that occur in sequence from Test Stand, this is just a message with string maybe some boolean control, and I need to get this string and click boolean control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,854 Views)

I think this question is coupled with this one. Is that correct?

Anyhow, i think you miss some basic knowledge about TS. Which NI trainings regarding TS where you able to attend?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,846 Views)