NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load "Selected" in a Property Loader test step from file

Hi,

The Import/Export tool stores its selected properties in the file �PLPropertyLoader.ini�. Is it possible to use this file to specify which properties a �Property Loader Test Step� should load? How? Then the information about what to export and load dynamically later is stored in the same location and the risk possibilities is reduced to one place.

Best regards,

Morten Pedersen
CIM Industrial Systems A/S
Denmark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,098 Views)
Morten,

I've got no clue on how you would 'select' some properties from that ini.
Either you code a kind of a selection tool or you provide a list of property names.
Then you may read the next property name from the list, search for that property in the ini and, if found, load it. Repeat that for all names in the list. Should work.
The only usefull idea on how to use this was providing an array of property names as a calling parameter for a loader sequence...

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe Frenz
getemed Medizin- und Informationstechnik AG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,098 Views)
Morten -
By default, the Property Loader step type stores its selected property list in the step's property "Step.PropertyList". The Edit Property Loader dialog box has the "Property List Source" expression control that specifies this as its value.

If you created a Station Globals array property of type "DatabasePropertyMapping", you could specify that the steps use this property. You might have to set to show hidden properties to find the "DatabasePropertyMapping" type in the insert menu. Note that when you do this when you edit the selected list in a step you are editing the selected list stored in the station global array property.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,098 Views)
HI Scott,

Thanks for your answer (long time ago).

Your solution help me a little. Because it makes it possible for me to have more than one PropertyLoader that use the same properties list. Then I only have to edit my list in one of my steps and the changes are done in all.

But it didn't make the requested link between the property list in the Import/Eksport tool and my property loader test step. In my case (and properly many other cases), the properties I want to load dynamically is the same as the exported erlier. And in that case it was nice with the possibility to refer to the same selection of properties. Is that possible without programming a wrapper from the PropertyLoader.ini-file to the used variables?

Best Regards,

Morten Peders
en
CIM Industrial Systems A/S
Denmark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,098 Views)
Morten -
The tools menu is only designed to work with the properties stored in the INI file. Outside of rewriting the tool or step type source, which is available, what you are requesting is not possible.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,097 Views)