From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid LV Queue Ref in TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Believ it or not, it is finally working on my computer.

Here's what I did:

1.) Checked the LV adapter settings as Daniel suggested --> the same on my computer

2.) Downloaded & ran Roderics example --> no errors.

4.) getting totally confused.... and felt stupid like hell.... Smiley Surprised

5.) Shut down TS (2013) and LV (2013)

6.) Opened Norberts example in LV2013 AND mass-compiled. Shut down LabVIEW & opened the .seq file using TS2013. Ran it and worked fine.

7.) see 4.) maybe even a bit more

8.) Opened my example (three different queue handling possibilities) in LV2013, mass-compiled. Ran it in 2013 and all went well

Being pragmatic, I regard this issue as solved.

For the files (and anyone hitting similar problems): I supect this issue to be caused by the usage of potentially mixed-version lvlibs. (2012 & 2013) and a potential issue using LV2012 VIs using TS 2013.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,942 Views)

Hi,

I am working on something similar with Oli and I don't want to create a new thread for this issue, so I would like to post my question here.

I have a VI obtain queue name. This VI is called both in LabVIEW and in TestStand. The issue I have is when I probe after the obtain queue I have different reference number. I use LabVIEW and TS 2010. The createnew? indicator returned false at the second time the VI is called.

Called from TestStand: UI_Surface_Queue - 0xD0900008
Called from LabVIEW: UI_Surface_Queue - 0xD0A00009

WIth this, I am not sure what the solution is. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(1,299 Views)

Nevermind, I have my case work. The reference number does not have to be the same.

I set the VI execution property>Preferred Execution System: user interface and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,296 Views)