NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent -17502; System Level Exception

Running Test Stand 4.2.1, Labview 2009

In my test stand sequence I launch a Labview VI.  Usually it works just fine, but occasionally I get a -17502; System Level Exception error.  Once it happens it keeps occuring until I open the Labview Vi, re-save it, and then reload it in Test Stand.  I don't change anything about the VI or the Test Stand step, I just open the VI, save and close it.

Any ideas what is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,175 Views)

What drivers are you calling in your VI?  What is your VI doing? Can it potentially take different paths through the VI different times that it is called?  Can you consistently reproduce the issue?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/17502-System-Level-Exception-in-Run-Time/td-p/1892207

Can you reproduce it with other VIs?  Or is it just this one VI?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(5,162 Views)

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

What drivers are you calling in your VI?  What is your VI doing? Can it potentially take different paths through the VI different times that it is called?  Can you consistently reproduce the issue?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/17502-System-Level-Exception-in-Run-Time/td-p/1892207

Can you reproduce it with other VIs?  Or is it just this one VI?

Regards,

The VI is using OPC via serial to talk to another device.  It just reads a variable for its current status and compares it to an expected value.  There are a couple different paths it can take depending on if an error is present, the value read is the same as the expected value, etc.  but all the paths do very similar things.  The error only occurs with this VI and cannot be reproduced consistantly. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,152 Views)

Few things you can try wrt VI :

Check if some timing issues exist or delay is required.

Are you accessing a resource which is also accessed by others.

Are you properly closing the device before reopening next time.

To debug you can modify your VI so that it logs data at different stages.

So whenever an error happens you know at which stage the issue is.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,130 Views)