NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to push message pop up button use keyboard

Hi; 

I have a problem. I want to controlled message pop up button use keyboard. Is it possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,227 Views)

Hey ergin,

I'm not sure what you mean; do you want to be able to press buttons on the Message Popup with the keyboard instead of clicking?

You can put two underscore characters at the beginning of a button label to make the first letter of that label an Alt hotkey. For example, if my button label expression is "__OK", the button will appear with the "O" underlined, and if I press Alt+O, the button will be pressed. Would this do what you are looking for?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,217 Views)

Thanks for help. I want explain; when i called message pop up test stand i must click button with my mouse or keyboard enter button. but ı want call message pop up like that " please press button which one is choose on your keyboard." and operator click 1 , 2, 3, 4 which one is want. Can ı explain?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,214 Views)

Thanks, that explanation helps. It does sound like you want to be able to press buttons on the message popup with your keyboard.

The Message Popup step was created to provide simple, quick display and response functionality for use in test sequences, and has a limited feature set compared to writing a custom code module. The only built-in way to do this is with the feature I mentioned previously, which would make your buttons something like "Alt+A" "Alt+B" and so on. It sounds like this is probably not exactly what you want.

I believe your best option for achieving this is to create a simple code module in a language of your choice (LabVIEW, .NET, etc) to display the dialog and listen for keyboard input. Once the user presses a key, the code module can return the desired value to TestStand. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,212 Views)