NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view TestStand XML results files

Hi Gurus,
We have used TestStand to save literally thousands of test results files in the XML format. TestStand allowed us to view a specific results file immediately after a test sequence, however I can't find a way to view the XML test results files otherwise. In other words, how can I view any one of a number of TestStand-generated XML results files using TestStand or otherwise (in an appropriate format/style) ?

Regards
Mike V
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,272 Views)

Hi Mike,

The XML reports are defaulted to automatically save to the same directory as your sequence file.  You should be able to go to that directory and open the XML files in Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,256 Views)

Terry,

I was doing that but getting an error message as below. I have since found that the files can not be opened where they are being stored on the network server, but can be opened when shifted back to the drive on the machine where Teststand is installed. I still need to be able to store and view them from the preferred storage location on the network server so I still need to solve the problem.

Regards

Mike

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Access is denied. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/National Instruments/TestStand 3.1/Components/NI/Mode...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,248 Views)

Hi,

What version is your IE?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,240 Views)

There is a line at the top of your XML files similar to:

<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Style Sheets\report.xsl"?>

The correct path and style sheet used by your XML files needs to exist on the PC from which you're trying to open the files.

Regards -

Message 5 of 7
(5,230 Views)
Hi Ray
its version 6.0.blablabla

For some reason it doesn't find the stylesheet on the PC where its being launched from. i can fix the problem by editing the XML's stylesheet path within the xml file and putting style sheet in same directory as results, but I had to write a program to modify all the files because there were so many. Future files no problem.

On another issue, we have thousands of results files stored in XML. Now I need to do some statistical analysis on the results but extracting the fields into a spreadsheet is a nightmare, I wish i'd used text files (database ultimate goal). Any tips here?

Also, in TestStand there seems to be only one location allowable to store all results files. Ideally i want to store results files in product-specific directories, ie not put results for all UUT types in the same directory. Is this possible?

Also, how can I append the word "Pass" of "Fail" into the results file name so you can tell at a glance if a test was passed without opening the file? 

Regards
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,204 Views)
Hi Mike,

You can edit the report options programmatically through the Report callback.  Here is a link to a Knowledgebase that has information on how to do this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/9C863F119ED03CF286256C4500540B7A?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,164 Views)