NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control run mode of dynamically loaded sequence file?

I'm using dynamically sequence file loading (based on algorithm, which was proposed by Azucena Perez, "How to load the sequence file from the process model?" topic). How certain step of client sequence can be skipped programmatically (without changing run mode in sequence file).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,287 Views)
Hi Misha,

After setting the client file (i.e. Execution.ClientFile()), you can use the property RunState.ProcessModelClient to set the run mode of any step within the client file. This property is actually an ActiveX reference to the client SequenceFile object. So you need to do the following:

1. Add an ActiveX/COM Automation Adapeter Action step and configure it to call SequenceFile.GetSequence or SequenceFile.GetSequenceByName, using RunState.ProcessModelClient as your object reference.
2. Once you get a reference to the sequence, you can then get a reference to the step whose run mode you want to set using Sequence.GetStep.
3. With the step reference in hand, call Step.RunMode to configure the run mode of the step to "Skip".

Let me know if you nee
d more info. If you need an example, let me know what version of TestStand you are running.

Ryan R.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,287 Views)

I need an example of this in TestStand2016

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,763 Views)