NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate Report Each time the sequence repeat?

Hi All,

I have requirement to repeat the complete sequence if any test-case is failed in that sequence . For this , I m configuring the Looping option in sequence model "Main Sequence Callback".Also i m using NI_SimpleTextReport_LabVIEW for report Generation. How can i configure it to Generate the Report each time the main sequence is iterating.

Should I add a condition to repeat the sequence in the sequentialmodel.seq?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,849 Views)

Trying to understand your requirements:

If test fails then retry entire test from the beginning?

How many times should it retry before finally giving up?

Every time it retries then create a different report?  Or do you want to append passed runs with previous failed runs?

I think there is a way to do what you need without modifying the sequentialmodel.seq.  Help me understand your requirements better so I can direct you to the correct solution.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,831 Views)

Hi,

1. Yes it will retry from beginning 

2. No of retry is configurable through station global

3.Yes I need to create different Report for each iteration

Currently I modified the sequential model ,added a for loop to handle this . It’s working .

please let me know if there is any better way to handle this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,825 Views)

If it is working then you probably want to leave it alone.

If it were my choice I would not have modified the process model but used callbacks to accomplish the task.  For instance, inside of PreUUT you could have put some logic to repeat the test if it failed.  This is assuming you were using the Test UUTs entry point of course.  The problem with changing the process model is that now any test you run with that model is stuck to your logic.  Also, it is a separate piece of code you have to maintain and worry about.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 4
(1,803 Views)