NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I attach keyboard short cuts to visible teststand buttons in a labview ui

Solved!
Go to solution

On a normal labview VI it is possible to configure the desired key navigation options such as assigning a keyboard short cut to a control. Is it possible in some way also to assign keyboard short cut's to the visible Teststand Active-X controls i.eg. the Teststand button on a labview based custom UI ?

Please help Smiley Tongue

Claus,CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PetrolHead

You may be able to do it by cloning every button, assigning a shortcut to the clone, and then triggering an event and calling the 'DoClick' method of the TestStand button - I say may as I can't verify that the DoClick method will do what you want.

Obviously can hide the clones on the front panel if neccessary.

DoClick.png

David Clark
CLA | CTA
IDEX Biometrics UK Ltd
Hampshire, England
Message 2 of 8
(4,375 Views)

Smiley Happythanks for your reply. Implemented and tested!

Claus,CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,346 Views)

Maybe filter for VKey and ASCII values?

See attachment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 8
(4,329 Views)

Alternatively, you can configure the shortcuts using the strings in the UIControlStrings.ini file, which defines the text that is used for the buttons.  It is located here:

<TestStand>\Components\Language\English\UIControlStrings.ini

In this file, the "&" symbol is used to define the hotkey.  for example, for the string "&Open Sequence File...", the hotkey is defined as "Ctrl + O".  I would recommend creating a copy of this file in the TestStand public directory, and modifying the copy rather than directly modifying this file.  this location is by default:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand <x>\Components\Language\English

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 5 of 8
(4,317 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I thought of this as well, but my challenge is that my customer specifies other short cuts than the default ones!

Claus,CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,297 Views)

To Clarify, you can change the strings such that a new hotkey is assigned.  for examples, changing the string "&Open Sequence File..." to "O&pen Sequence File...", changes the hotkey to ctrl+P.  If the requirement is to change the modifiers, than this method will not be effective.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
Message 7 of 8
(4,284 Views)

Okay, now we are talking busyness !!

Claus,CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,279 Views)