NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set defaults in the TestStand's step settings Labview Advanced Settings tab to run a VI on a remote PC?

Solved!
Go to solution
I am accessing a VI many times which is run on a remote PC.

When I click Step Settings, click on the Module tab, then click on the Labview Advanced Settings, there is are options for running a VI on a remote PC.

An annoyance is having to enter the remote host, remote VI path, port number and timeout settings every time I created a step to call the VI in the tests. These are a constant, or at least the rule by far rather than the exception. The TestStand step settings default is the VI does not run on a remote PC (unticked) and there are of course no IP addresses etc as defaults. So if I make a minor change to the tests such as the remote VI location, I have to manually change it is every occurrence of the VI being called. This is very time consuming and is prone to human error.

Is there a way I can preset these settings so that every time I call a Labview module, these defaults are invoked without me having to set them every time? I guess a workaround is to have the VI run in a subsequence, so that the settings are made just once, but I would prefer not to have to do that.

regards to the NI community,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,799 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VK3DRB

Hi,

What you can do if you are using TS4.x is create your first step, then add it to the Template List. Then use the step from the template list when you require similar steps. See User Manual Chapter 3-6.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 2
(2,790 Views)