From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I keep teststand 3.0 from running more than one instance?

I would like to be able to detect a running instance of teststand 3.0 and keep another from starting.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,086 Views)
Hi,

Is it for the Operator Interface?

There are examples of this on the NI website depending on which language you are using.

I dont think you can stop this if it the SeqEditor.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,078 Views)

What do you mean in ' running instance of teststand 3.0'  and 'to detect'?

If you meant regars windows processes so you can check it from -> Ctrl+Alt+Del ->Task manager

Thank you & Best Regards

*I use LabVIEW 2018 & TestStand 2021 versions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,066 Views)
You can restrict the number of instances of the same process by using the command line parameter "/useExisting".  Therefore, if the user attempted to execute the Operator Interface twice, then only one instance of that application would be running.  I have been unable to find information that pertains to limiting the number of processes that use the same ActiveX server (in this case, the TestStand Engine).  You should note, that the TestStand server is a singleton class for every process that is a client.  That means that for an application that instantiates the TestStand engine, if it attempts to instantiate the engine again, it will only be returned a reference to the original instance of the engine.

Is there a particular behavior you are trying to restrict?  Perhaps you could provide a bit more detail on what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Tyler Tigue
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(3,042 Views)