NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header does not get modified when on the fly optione enabled.

Solved!
Go to solution
I tired to modify the report header by using callback & it did work fine when i am generating the report by keeping the 'on the fly report' option disabled. When i try run the same sequence with 'on the fly report option' enabled i do not see the header information which i was able to see when 'on the fly' option is disabled. I did search for the cause and found the following link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05F43468942BE32E86256D980074E200 but it did not work fine. I was not able to figure out the reason for not showing  up the header information when ' on the fly ' option enabled.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sury@

kpraveen,

I looked at the files attached to that KnowledgeBase, and saw that they were modified versions of the files that shipped with TestStand 3.0.  Because we have made some changes to those files since that version, there is no guarantee that they will work with the most current version of TestStand.

If you need this behavior in a newer version, you can modify the reportgen_ sequence files yourself.  You will need to create the modifyheader and modifyfooter sequences in thost sequence files and then call those sequences from the Process OTF result sequence.  We are working on a more detailed set of instructions, and I will post here when they are available.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,225 Views)
Thanks for the reply. This was the solution which i was expecting and i got it by changing the reportgen_xml.seq where on the fly callback is called.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,207 Views)

kpraveen,

The KnowledgeBase you referenced above: ModifyReportHeader and ModifyReportFooter Callbacks Not Called When the On-The-Fly Reporting Option ... has been updated.

It now includes a set of files that can be used with TestStand 4.0, and has instructions for how to modify your sequence files for any version to have this capability.  Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Josh W. on 01-12-2009 04:37 PM
Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,112 Views)

The link http://ae.natinst.com/operations/ae/public.nsf/$CXIV/ATTACH-AEEE-7MFPC5/$FILE/Modified%20OnTheFly%20... seems to be broken.

Result:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Suggestions:

Also the images are not displayed.

I tried opening the page using Internet explorer 7 and Fire fox 3.5.2

Message Edited by Vidula S. on 08-20-2009 08:23 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,870 Views)

Hi Vidula,

The images and attachments have been fixed. You should now be able to download the attachments.

Message Edited by CorbinH on 08-20-2009 11:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,856 Views)

Is there update steps for TestStand 4.2?  I'm running into the exact same problem.  Thanks in advance.

[DL]
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,318 Views)

Hello,

There are steps in the article below that explain how to modify the shipped .seq files on your machine to modify the behavior.  Have you tried following them?

ModifyReportHeader and ModifyReportFooter Callbacks Not Called When the On-The-Fly Reporting Option is Enabled

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05F43468942BE32E86256D980074E200

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,239 Views)