From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Documentation of Custom Data Types

Hi,

I'm using TestStand 2013. I have to defined a lot of Custom Data Types. Now I want to generate documantation for all this definitions including the data types, comments and so one (similar to Tools>Sequence File Documentation...).

Certainly I didn't find any ability in TestStand Editor to do that. Has anybody a tipp?

Kind regards

Christian

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,274 Views)

Hi Christian,

in sequence file documentation you can describe a lot of things. Like Variables and value display options;

what do you want to describe of the custom data types? 

I thing the comment column should be enough for documentation. 

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,166 Views)

Hi Richard,

background of my request:

On development phase I want to editing type definitions in TestStand Types Window only, including detailed description in "Comment" input box.

After development I want to integrate the Types documentation in my customer model documentation. To aim that, I look for a possibility to export the Types from TestStand to clipboard or a csv file. It should contain
 - Name,
 - Type,
 - Default value,
 - Comment.

Then it will be easy to insert this table in a Word document or the like.

Kind regards

Christian

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,162 Views)

Hi Christian,

I think the easiest way is to drop all the custom step types in a Sequence and use then the Sequence file documentation.

Then you can copy/paste the information in a word document.

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,067 Views)