NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load a required step's associated module

"Failed to load a required step's associated module"

Has anyone seen the preceding error message when trying to run from a deployment system? Running on my development system I don't see any problems. I have created and deployed other sequences on the same system without a problem.

I've tried everything I can think of.......the message is rather vague so I don't know what else to try.

Thanks,
RG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,189 Views)

Hey RG,

Could it be this issue?  Have you seen this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CA0423F591A14B28862572D00077AF4A

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,177 Views)
Hi RG,

Are any other programs using the modules when running the system? Perhaps the module is locked by a calling program and therefore inaccessible by TS.
Are you using relative paths? Perhaps the steps cannot find the respective modules.

Do you know which step is reporting the error and what module is attempting to call?

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,155 Views)
Found the problem......there was a LabVIEW module that needed to have the prototype reloaded in TestStand.

Thanks to all that replied.

RG
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,153 Views)

Hello RG,

Could you explain a bit what prototype has to be reloaded in TS because I'm also facing the same issue.

Best Regards,

Sowbarniga S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,441 Views)

Hi,

Prototype mismatch is the difference in arguements type between the VI and the already configured step. ( Probably the VI got upgraded over time)

Click on the red button it should upgrade the prototypes or reselect the VI.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,431 Views)