NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute subsequences from LabVIEW and pass data between them

Hi All,

The idea is to run 2 different Teststand subsequences sequentially (that belongs to same sequence file) from LabVIEW and pass data from the first subsequence to the second subsequence. 

The method I tried - Used file global to transfer the data between subsequence. 
Issue - Once the first sequence finished execution file global losses the data. So, the second sequence runs with default file global data.
Solution -?

I have attached the sequence file with the action VI to simulate the issue. (LV2015+Teststand2014)

Thanks,
Navin S
CLA

Navin Subramani | CLA, CTA | boring engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,848 Views)

A quick solution would be to change the FileGlobal scope so that these two executions share the same fileglobals. You can set it under Edit » Sequence File Properties » Sequence File Globals = All Executions Share the Same File Globals.

That being said, there are probably better solutions depending on what your real goal is. For example, you could pass a reference as a parameter to these sequences and only share what you need.

Is there any reason to spawn off two new executions from LabVIEW instead of using one execution that calls your two sequences sequentially?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,816 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. But i will not be able to run the subsequence with "All execution share same file global". Reason follows,

My two subsequence would be intializing instrument and configuring instrument. Now i have to execute these 2 subsequence at different instant of my test and pass the session opened in initialize instrument to configure instrument. Since both the subsequence is part of same sequence file, I thought somehow if i can able send the session id from initailize to configure through file global. 

Also I can have the scenerio where i will have two same instruments, so i have to run the initialize instrument twice and configuration  twice and yet pass the session id respectively. 

Any suggestion are welcome! Thanks in advance

Navin S

CLA

Navin Subramani | CLA, CTA | boring engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,812 Views)

Hi Navin S

What Adapter you are using if LabVIEW the Session Id can be maintained in LV2G and can be transferred between steps and Sequences,If you are using TestStand alone Use Parameters in Sub Sequences and a Local variable in Main Sequence to transfer data between main and sub sequences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,793 Views)