From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception processing message 0xc0000005

Teststand 2013 CVI fullfeatured OperatorInterface crashed  after hitting break button showing the folling messagebox before:

Testexec_fehler.PNG

Where should I seach the problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,417 Views)

Hi,

I jsut rememberi have seen the 0xc0000005 in other context so this may or may not be relevant. My guess is that since you probably are using some kind of MVC pattern the View part is trying to acess a stoped (and destroyed) model part.

Things to think about

Do you have somthing updating continiusly?

Try remove every thing and see when it stops breaking. A way to do this as fast as posible try to reduce the code to the smallest posible (mayby a blank project) and then add half the code which is left and then half of that and so on.

When did this start ocuring?

Mayby you are aware of this already but hope this helps.

/Johan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,415 Views)

Unfortunatly this is the  unchanged CVI operator interface as delivered by NI . And I haven't looked into that source code so far. So I have no idea how to reduce that to a minimal case . 

This is a fresh deployment of a teststand system. During development I haven't seen that problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,410 Views)

In this case a bare minimum in my world would be a sequnce with 4 one seconds wait comands. You should stripp down the sequnce in this case. If the sequence can be breaked try breaking ant diferent spots in your seq or try insert some parts of your seq into the file.

Are you using the same adapter for the apliction you are using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,406 Views)

The message comes up at random places, on diffrent steps in the sequence and one time even when the sequence was already completed after hitting the OK button of the final FAIL banner.  An at that point there are no steps with my code any more.

All steps use the LabWindow/CVI Adapter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,394 Views)

If you have 4 wait steps in a sequnce. Do it still throw the same error?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,386 Views)

The problem didn't show up for a week now in normal operation without changing anything ( except Windows Updates) . So it is not solved but it makes no sense to try to reproduce it with a test sequence for now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,306 Views)