From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when access instrument "Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA003D) Unable to find any channel or repeated capability strings"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I believe I have configured MAX correctly. I am trying to use the PXI-6229 device via. When I try initialized I receive the following error:

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA003D) Unable to find any channel  or repeated capability strings.

Any clues on what the error means?

Thanks

Minesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Minesh

First of all you'll get more help in the correct forum.  This seems like a DAQmx issue and their forum is here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/bd-p/250

Secondly does this help: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Switch-Hardware-and-Software/NI-SwitchExec-with-3499-and-IVIDriver/td-p/1827...

Lastly: Can you communicate with the card from MAX?  Or is the error happening in MAX?  What language are you using to talk to the card with?  Are you using IVI?  If you are using LabVIEW or CVI then open the shipping examples and test them out with that card.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,353 Views)

Thanks for the reply. 

I was second guessing myself on which forum to post in. Sorry about that.

I saw the link before, but it did not total match my problem. After mucking with it last night, I got through it.

1. I noticed in MAX that my controller was labeled as "unknown". It is a PXI-8360. When I tried to "Identify As", the 8360 was not part of the list to select from.

2. After thinking on it, I remembered that the the PXI chassis needed to be powered up first before the PC. I could not be sure that this was the case. So, I powered down the PC.

Viola...no more unkown and things started working again.

Sorry. This seems to be a user error with not knowing how the system was originally brought up.

Thanks

Minesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,349 Views)

Glad to hear it's working.

Yeah the PXI chassis is just an extension of the PCI or PCIe slots of the PC.  If they aren't already active during boot up then the PC won't add them to the bus.

Good Luck,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,331 Views)