NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Enter operation with the same name is already pending for this thread -17300

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello 

I am new to the batchmodel in teststand 2014 and i have  problem with my first sequence. 

Everything works fine unit the operator presses the Terminate-All button. When this happens i get sometime an error -17300 (Enter operation with the same name is already pending for this thread).  In my opinion when theads enter a batch and Terminate-All is pressed then they go to the cleanup of that sequence. I have a Exit batch in all cleanups where i Enter a batch. How is it possible that i get this error ?. I have attached a part of my sequence as an example

Thanks for your help in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,500 Views)

Hi Tonnie,

If we're terminating and running into an error, it sounds like some test sockets might be being terminated before finishing the main steps, so we don't hit the "End Batch Sync" steps properly as they're repeated in both main and cleanup (thus saying that the operation is already pending). It might be worth looking at Rendezvous steps to force threads to wait for each other before cleaning up.

Best wishes,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,456 Views)

Hello Nick

Thanks for your response. 

I don't understand it completely . When a thread passes the "Start Batch" and is terminated, then it goes to cleanup for the "Exit batch". How can a step then be terminated without going via Cleanup and "Exit Batch" ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tonnie

Hi Toonie,

It looks as though we have "Exit batch" in two locations, both main and cleanup. My understanding was that you were receiving an error that the operation was already pending; in this case, because it may be performing the Main "exit batch" but is terminated so that you then enter the Cleanup "exit batch" command while trying to terminate the Main "exit batch".

This would generate duplicate requests and possibly lead to the error you are seeing. You should be able to confirm this by seeing if you get the same behaviour with only one exit step.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,447 Views)