From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -17306 while running sequence

Hi,

my problem is while running my sequence I get the error "Error -17306 unknown variable or property name'Step'. Error accessing item 'Step'."

This error occurs sometimes trying to run steps called from labview but most times trying to run the teststand standard "if" step and the standard "Pass/Fail Test", the "Numeric Limit Test" and the "String Value Test". It occurs on several other steps too. What makes this error really annoying is that this error doesn't allways occur on the same step. Each time it shows up at another step. And very view times it doesn't occur at all.

Please some help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,508 Views)

I have to add, that these errors don't occur if i run the sequence in single step debug mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,507 Views)

Hi,

Would you be able to share some simplified version of the test sequence you created that would show isolated problem?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,472 Views)

I could pin a lot of those failures down to the stationglobals.ini of TestStand. I still don't know why and what was wrong with the old one, because everything is working with other familiar sequences. But the stationglobals of my collegue is working better. still got some problems there.

And I still do have problems with those 'Step.' commands. I deleted most of them, know it works better. And there seams to be a problem with using references to send variables from VIs to TestStand sequences. I allways need to have a 0.2 sec wait step after a VI, otherwise i get the error because the reference is a 'null-pointer'.

The errors occur working through the subsequences in MainSequence. Sorry, it is a little bit much, but for fast testing i couldn't do it another way.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,465 Views)

Dear Florian, 

do you still experience the problem with error code -17306 ?

What do you mean by 'Step.' commands? VIs that are called in the sequence?

Unfortunately I cannot test your code, because it references to VIs and hardware I have not at my disposal. 

Could you please post here the smallest working part of the sequence which reproduces your issue, including VIs that it is referencing to? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,439 Views)

This error occurs whenever you are trying to access a variable which is not declared in the Sequence "Eg: Locals/Parameters/File Globals"

Sometimes some error may occurs randomly  try to compile your LabVIEW Modules.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,429 Views)

thanks for your reply.

The teststand sequence is beeing started by a VI. This VI creates variables in the sequence. This part works perfectly fine. I double checked all the variables before writing here. Every variable is being created. It is a necessity for our teststation to work with dynamical created variables, that is why there are so many unknown variables in the sequence. But as I said, starting our program, all the variables are being created, no problems there.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,422 Views)

Dear Florian, 

do you sill experience the problem with the delays?

As I wrote,  I cannot test your code, because it references VIs and hardware that I do not have. 

If it is not resolved yet, could you please post here the smallest working part of the sequence which reproduces your issue, including VIs that it is referencing to? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,400 Views)