NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit sequence file without license

We have a deployed version of TestStand 2012. Not a fully licensed development install.

The system is no longer supported by the source. The equipment we are testing has had many firmware updates. Now a test does not do enough loops or have long enough waits in the loops, to accommodate increased lag.

I have tried to add the extra wait times in a vi using my Labview. But I get an error from teststand due to the vi being created on a different environment.

The edit would only require changing maybe 1 or 2 variables. We don't want to buy a $6000+ license just for that.

I don't want to install my Labview 2018 on the Teststand system. It may cause problems.

Any reasonable cost options to edit a sequence file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,937 Views)

To clarify.

I  am not looking for a cheat. I seek a more reasonable cost solution for a very minor edit. One that does not violate any software user agreement.

We have used this for 6 years? It could likely be many more years before an edit might be required. I do have licensed Labview. Unfortunately I have had little time to learn to use it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,874 Views)

save the Sequence in  XML. and try to edit from there

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,857 Views)

Thanks.

I think this older version does not use XML for the seq file. I tried the viewer that is available from NI now, but it does not work with this version of file. Trying Notepad++, but it is not at all readable.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,847 Views)

Tried the sequence file updater on the system. It identifies the file as Binary format. Could not convert to XML. License window popped up. No go.

TestStand version seems to be 5. But the file is still binary.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,844 Views)

Have you contacted an NI sales rep? They would be the right people to work with you on a lower cost license.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,839 Views)

I tried searching around for a good NI contact route. Looks Like I will have to phone. Hate phoning mega corporations.

I think our supplier will come through. They didn't actually put the system together. But they got me a contact that may be able to do it.

Is there a way to kill off this topic thread? From all my searching around and trying things, it seems it is a dead issue for my specific inquiry here.

And thanks to all who replied or at least thought it over.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,828 Views)