NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment utility not reading workspace file

Hi,

I am using the deployment utility in TestStand 4.0.1.  I entered the workspace file, which contains a .tpj and .seq file.  When I open the distributed files tab and answer YES to "Would you like to analyze the source file", I get "No Information Available".  If I attempt to build a project for which I already have a .tsd file setup, I get the error Internal Error code -17500 Analyzing file C:\....myfile.tsw.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling TestStand 4.0.1, installed the F1 patch, and the problem still happens.  A co-worker sent me one of his projects, which he just sucessfully built, and I get the same error.

Ideas Anyone?

Greg

Greg Hahn
Sr. Hardware In the Loop Firmware Engineer - CLD
Milwaukee Tool - https://www.milwaukeetool.com/
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,980 Views)

G_money,

A few questions and suggestions that may help.

1) have you been able to Analyze the source file in the past?

2) Does the operation complete successfuly with an example workspace?  

3) can your coworker build any of your projects?

4) most higher education institutions have access to never versions of software than TestStand 4.2 and LabVIEW 7.  Why are you using these versions? 

5) Can you post a screenshot of your error code and the describe the files in your workspace? 

- John

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,932 Views)

Sorry for the delay, I have returned to working on this project.  My coworker sucessfully built my project, and I cannot buid an example program containing a simple sequence, project, and workspace. I get this error almost instantly after selecting BUILD.

Starting Log.
Starting Analysis
Starting to process workspace file
Internal error code -17500 Analyzing File C:\FTS\269722_FUNCTIONAL_TEST_SYSTEM_SELF_TEST\SOURCE\FTS Self Test Main.tsw
Done processing workspace file
Finished Analysis
Aborted

Greg Hahn
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,769 Views)

Hi G_Money, 

I think the questions John asked you would be a good starting point. The more information we have about the issue that you are having the better we will be able to assist you. 

Regards, 

-K 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,742 Views)

i was able to analyze the workspace file several months ago.  I don't know what changed since then.  I was not able to build an example workspace with a simple sequence in TS 4.0.  It got the same error.  However, I could build an example in TS 4.2.

The files in my workspace include:

workspace.png

Greg Hahn
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,651 Views)

Hi Greg,

Two things:

1. Does your coworker have the same version of TestStand as you? If so, you can try replacing the <TestStand 4.0>\Cfg directory on your system with the folder on his. I would advise creating a backup of your current folder before trying this. This method has been known to resolve similar issues in older versions of TestStand. 
  2. If you are using Source Code Control, try momentarily disabling it.

Are you moving to TestStand 4.2 or did you just want to try building it in another version?

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,628 Views)