NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying callback sequences with VIs using EASY TEXT REPORT.vi in TestStand 4.1

I am using trying to use the TestStand 4.1 deployment utility to deploy my customized process models and callbacks.  I have customized these using LabVIEW 8.6.

I have encountered the   following build warning:

************************************************************************************************************************************************* 

Warning: The following warnings occurred while processing VIs:
A name collision occurred during the build.  VIs were renamed to protect the build.  If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI(s), unexpected behavior may occur:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

The list of files renamed is extensive, but all VIs pertained to vi.lib\Utility\NIReports.llb which is a LVClass with the release of LV8.6.

I have narrowed down the use of the LVClass to one step which calls a VI that contains EASY TEXT REPORT.vi.  I have selected a standard report format for EASY TEXT REPORT.vi.  It appears that the VI is not able to properly select the correct set of standard report VIs they were renamed.  Any suggestions to overcome this problem?

If I just ignore the build warning the deployed UI fails to print my "FAIL TAG" with the following error:

Error Code 41000 NI_Report.lvclass:Set Report Orientation.vi->NI_Report.lvclass:Easy Text Report.vi ->Print_failure_msg.vi->print_failure_msg.vi.ProxyCaller.

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,350 Views)

Hey goldee,

I believe the reason that you are getting this error is because the Report Generation functions were integrated as LabVIEW classes as of LabVIEW 8.6. Here is a KnowledgeBase article that details how to get rid of this warning a properly deploy: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/47272B69E2C167DB862574AC006A258B?OpenDocument

Try following the instructions in that article and please let me know if you have any questions!

Lars

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,336 Views)

Hey Lars,

Thanks for the reply.  I had reviewed the KB article reference, but I am not building an EXE in LabVIEW; I am trying to use the TestStand deployment utility to deploy teststand sequences that will run with the TestStand User interface (with runtime engines for TS and LabVIEW.)  Unless I am missing something, using this utility I have no visibility of LV dependencies, application properties, etc.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently I am attempting to duplicate and rename Easy Text Report.vi and it's subVIs (~29VIs), adding them to my VI directories using LV 8.2.  Once I have that working I will attempt to move to LV 8.6 and deploy with TestStand 4.1. 

Goldee.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,326 Views)

Goldee,

Please let me know if you come up with a work around for this. I have been trying since July to get TS 4.0 and later to build with a set of vi's that use the report generation toolkit.

Thanks,

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,318 Views)

I was not able to duplicate and rename Easy Text Report.vi subVI Generate Report objectRepository.vi since it is password protected. I contacted Tech support and received the following response. 

"You have described a known issue that was introduced with the advent of LabVIEW 8.6. A workaround to consider would

be to manually add those files to your workspace, and make sure that VIs with the same names end up in different folders by manually specifying their destinations on the second tab of the deployment utility."

I have already wasted alot of time on this, so in the interest of time, I elected to remove EASY TEXT Report.vi alltogether and substitute a external EXE to do generic printing.   At some later date I may be able to come back and try out the suggested workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,270 Views)