NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Custom Multiple Numeric Limit Test

Hi,

I am trying to reuse the "Multiple Numeric Limit Test" calling a LabVIEW VI which outputs an array of a cluster. The cluster contains:

• Name (String)
  • LimitMin (DBL)
  • LimitMax (DBL)
  • Measurement (DBL) 

The "Measurement" should be analysed using the GELE-comparison type and the "LimitMin" and "LimitMax" should be used as the "Low" and "High" limits. My goal is to make the analysis in the same step as the VI-call. Ontop of this I don't know prior to the call how many elements there will be in the array, so there is a need to programmatically control the analysis scope. 

How should you solve this problem? 

Best regards,

Marcus

Marcus Törndahl (System Architect)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,735 Views)

Why does it have to be in the same step?  Consider the attached example.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,728 Views)

Hi Jigg,

The reason for having the solution in the same step is that there are a large set of testcases which will be called in the same way. Your solution does solve the problem and by reusing a call to a subsequence the main sequence gets a neet and readable overview.

But is it possible to create a custom step type like the "Multiple Numeric Limit Test" with an array of cluster as an output (as described earlier)? I have searched for a step-by-step in-depth tutorial on creating a "Custom Step Type" but haven't found any which goes into more detail than this (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/custom_step_types_creat...). Is there anyone who could help me out explaining the progress on creating a Custom Step Type like the Multiple Numeric Limit Test?

Best regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,697 Views)

After some searching (NI.com) I found a step-by-step tutorial (Creating a Waveform Custom Step Type and Adding Information to the ASCII Report) somewhat similar to my quest. I will try to reuse this tutorial and give you the feedback on the progress.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,689 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I tried out your attached example and unfortuanetly I only get the limits for the first measurement. My testcase consist of several measurements where each have its own limits. Is there a way to tweak your example to get this? When I added a second "limits" to the tests I got the limits for the first two measurements.

Best regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,374 Views)

What are you seeing?  Attached is what I see.  It looks like they all have limits just fine.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,354 Views)