NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect changelog of sequence while editing

Hello All,

Is there any solution to collect the changelog of the changes when editing the sequence?

I thought to have a way monitoring the changes of sequences, properties, step orders so I could build up a log array including these and save to a change history.

Thank you in advance.

bigyo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,775 Views)

There is a nice Diff tool that NI supplies with TestStand.  If you are doing proper SCC, it becomes quite simple to figure out what you changed.  The tool should be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 20XX\Bin\FileDiffer.exe (fill in the year for the version you are using).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,769 Views)

Thanks for the superfast feedback Crossrulz.

I have something else in my mind, the TS Engine or UI engine has to store the changes, to be able to Undo back a really long list of changes somehow, I thought to get this list and use it.

I checked the FileDiffer earlier, for me this is too deep, or I need to postprocess the xml output to get what I want.

Btw what do you mean on "proper SCC"? I tried PushOK, but not satisfied 100% yet with the tool.

What are you using for SCC in TS? Is there any proper documentation about that? I did not find anything on NI site, what would be usefull.

Thx.

bigyo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,756 Views)