NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close window when done / lost reference

In my system have I made a background seq that is taking care of the handling of barcodes, PLC controlling and so on, the seq is then calling the test seq with a step "Sequence Call" with the settings "Run sequence in a New Execution", and execution settings is "Close Window When Done", and wait before execution next step, the rest of the step setup is default.

In the first place I hadn't checked "Close Window When Done", the result of that was that It took a little more memory after every run, so then I found out to check this settings.

But now when I check this, then I have a problem with one of my steps it seems to unload a internal DLL each time I change seq. by that I mean that I can run the same seq over and over again without any problems at all, but as soon as I change seq, then I have one step that has lost its reference. I have tried to dig in the VI to find out what it is missing, and it seems that all control values is still intact, so it seems to be the driver DLL or something like that, that is missing (only a guess).

If I then uncheck the  "Close Window When Done" again, then everything is working again.

I have attached my VI, it’s a custom step to control a relay card, I have deleted the "controlling" sub vi's, else I think you have a lot of problems opening it.

Hope this can give someone a idea what is wrong.. at this moment I have no idea....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,739 Views)
I am not sure to understand your problem, and I don't use LabView so I can't open your vi.
I think your dll is unloaded when you close your sequence file.
You can check the unload option of your sequence and step, but the dll should always be unloaded when the file is closed.

To avoid the problem you should keep a reference of your dll :
- use the dll in a sequence that is always opened.
or
- force the dll to be loaded using the LoadLIbrary function (windows SDK).

Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,684 Views)