From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ways to wait for external signal (robot controller, PLC...) to start sequence automatically

I have automatic testing device that tests PCBs. Device consist of PLC and Robot. I build parallel testing sequence with 4 test sockets.

The robot or PLC must tell me whitch one of the test sockets is ready and then TestStand has to run sequence (tests) on that socket. I'm using TCP/IP communication with PLC, Robot and TS. 

Currently I wait for boolean signal in PreUUT sequence using Do While loop. So I call vi that has boolean indicator every 0,5 seconds in while loop. 

Since the program in TS is becomming more and more complex, TS runs a bit slow because it has to run 4 Do While loops in parallel.

My Question is: 

What will be better way to wait for external signal than using do while loop? In Labview there is event structure in witch we can wait for control to be changed value. Is there a similar procedure in TS?

What is Your best way of communicating with Robots, external devices like PLCs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,858 Views)