cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get UUT result to Custom TestStand UI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to get the results of my UUT to my custom UI.  I am already using the EndExecution Callback to tell my UI when the UUT is finished executing.  I was hoping ot use that same callback VI to tell my UI the result of the execution. 

The EndExecution callback includes a reference to the execution.  I figured I could read the "ResultStatus" Property, which seems to report "Passed" or "Failed" correctly, but if I terminate execution, it is still returning "Passed", when I would expect it to return "Terminated". 

Does anybody have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong or what might be a better way to do this?  I thought of just using a UI Message, but then that requires me to modify the client sequence and post the UI message with the results.  I'd rather have this work for all client sequences. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,054 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ScottTron

I think you are looking for handling the UIMsg_ModelState_TestingComplete user interface message.

Refer to the help:

UIMsg_ModelState_TestingComplete–(Value: 34) TestStand process models post this message to the user interface after the MainSequence in the client sequence file returns control to the model. If the execution is not a batch controller or a parallel controller, the stringDataParam parameter specifies the UUT result status. If the execution is a batch controller or a parallel controller, the value of the stringDataParam parameter is Done. The numericDataParam parameter specifies the test-socket index. The activeXDataParam parameter contains a reference to the sequence context for the process model sequence file that posts the message.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,041 Views)

Thanks Norbert, 

That worked really well.  I had some trouble initially because I was trying to use the User Message callback VI, but later realized that doesn't work for the built in UI messages and you have to register the callback VI as a UIMessageEvent.  Anyway, I have it working.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,011 Views)