NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch model resource management with step order flexibility

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, Teststand folks.  What's the best way in Teststand 2014 to do this?  I'm setting up testing 4 UUTs in parallel using the Batch model.  The test sequence has two parts.  2 UUTs at a time can run Part 1.  While 2 UUTs are doing the Part 1 test, I want the other 2 UUTs to do the Part 2 test.  Then when they're done Part 2, wait for Part 1 slots to become available and then run Part 1.  And those UUTs that had run Part 1 first will then run Part 2.

Thanks.   -Joe

Joe Czapski

Sonos

Boston, Mass.

------------
Joe Czapski, Sonos, Boston, Mass.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,165 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Station3

If I understand correctly, an Auto Schedule step at the top level would be perfect for this:

Auto Schedule

Use Auto Scheduled Resource ("Part 1 - Slot 1", "Part 1 - Slot 2")   // these are two different resource alternatives
      // steps that do part 1. Use the Acquired Lock output if you need to know which slot

End

Use Auto Scheduled Resource ("Part 2 - Slot 1", "Part 2 - Slot 2") // these are two different resource alternatives

// steps that do part 2. Use the Acquired Lock output if you need to know which slot

End

End

Message 2 of 3
(3,162 Views)

Hi, James. Wow you're right, the Auto Schedule feature fits the bill. I'm looking at the NI example 'Comparing Resource Usage Strategies.seq', subsequence 'Auto Scheduled With Additional DMM'. That is neat - will try it.

Thanks.   -Joe

------------
Joe Czapski, Sonos, Boston, Mass.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,153 Views)