NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Parallel sequences

Good morning,

I am new in the parallelization world and I have some problems. I create a new sequence in the sequence panel then, as the screen shows, I call that sequence two times (in the future the number of sequences can grow) and I need that they start all at the same time and I prefer to have them in the same execution so the parallelization is on different threads. I selected the Execution Option on the sequence step “Start in a new thread” and the “Parallel (all threads enter simultaneously)” in the Synchronization Properties. Then as some examples in the TestStand helps show I added the enter and exit Batch Synchronization steps giving them the name of the sequence and Section Type. Then I select from the Station Option Model tab the sequence with which the execution is controlled Batch.seq or Parallel.seq.

Is this procedure ok or there is some tricks or better solutions to use?

Moreover, observing the built-in example of TestStand, I am curious to know more about how TestStand can open and deal with new and multiple sockets, does anyone have any information? Because when I select the Batch or Parallel sequence file in the Station Option Model tab and I run my sequence, it always opens four different sockets in four different execution and generates the same number of reports, how can I handle this situation? How can I choose the number of sockets opened? And at last is there a way to keep all the parallelized sequence results in the same report?

Thank you very much for the help!

Best regard

Parallel_Batch.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(924 Views)