NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Sequence Analyzer with a relative path to sequence file

Hi, cross-posting this from Continuous Integration Group as I am not sure where it fits better.

I am trying to run a Sequence Analyzer from command line and it does work, but I can't find a way to point it to a sequence file folder nor workspace using parameter or a relative path or anything really. The only way I see is to hard-code paths in to the project. Am I missing something?

I'm using this command:

start /wait "" "%teststand%\Bin\AnalyzerApp.exe" MyAnalyzerProject.tsaproj /analyze /report /save /clearMessagesOnSave /quit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,390 Views)

Same issue here.  It works to a specific file in my case, but I want to point to a relative folder path to generate reports with time stamps.  However TS throws invalid parameter error if I provide relative folder with \ (slash) at the end.

Thanks,

Ajay

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,933 Views)

Just came across this, looking to do the same thing. It IS an XML file, so I'm thinking I may just update the file programmatically, save it to a temporary location, and then run that copy...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,389 Views)

I would try to edit it (XML) in PowerShell. Just replace the file/folder node value and then run it through command line. If you have it under source control you might wait until the process exit (in PowerShell) and then revert the changes in the file (using SCC CLI). Or if you don't have SCC just use XML operations again.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,379 Views)