NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AudioMaster step problems after Update IV Calls

Solved!
Go to solution

I am preparing to deploy my test system, and I have run into several frustrating issues.  After attempting to Update VI Calls, I am no longer able to run my Audiomaster steps.  I also cannot  Edit Waveform Processing, Edit Graph Limits, or Edit Key Parameters in the AudioMaster steps.  I am able to Edit configuration. 

I've attached an error message from one of the AudioMaster steps.

Error executing substep 'Keyparameter Function'.
Open VI Reference in mxLT Get Measurement from Teststand.vi->mxLT Key Parameters Function for TestStand.vi->mxLT Key Parameters Function for TestStand.vi.ProxyCaller
An error occurred loading VI 'mxLT Vector result viewer envelope.vi'.
LabVIEW load error code 10: VI version (8.2) is too old to convert to the current LabVIEW version (10.0f2).

VI Path: C:\Program Files\microLEX Systems\Common Files\PrivateCommon\mx
LabVIEW:  VI version is too early to convert to the current LabVIEW version.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,759 Views)

Sorry, just remembered that I performed a Mass Compile that may have included the AudioMaster directory.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,758 Views)

I promise I'm not just raising my post count...

I still need help with this issue.  I don't know if the Mass Compile or the Update VI Calls caused the problem.  Sometimes deploying TestStand can be a frustrating experience.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,751 Views)

Hello,

I have couple of questions for you.

1) Were you able to run your Audio Master VI's seperately before you tried to mass compile with TestStand?

2) Also from the error you attached it looks like there is a conversion from LV 8.2 to LV 2010 that is not working properly, would you able to convert your VI's prior to mass compiling?

Regards,

JVP

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,730 Views)

Is there a later version of Audio Masters more capatible with LV 2010?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,723 Views)

Are these NI supplied Teststand Step Types for Audio Masters?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TBone314

AudioMASTER 6.2 (current version) is build into a dll, except the LimiTEST plug-in (Key Parameter, Waveform processor, Graph Limiter) that must run in LabVIEW 8.2 (Run Time). In next version AudioMASTER 6.3 (release expected Q4 2011) LimiTEST is included in dll (build in LabVIEW 2009).

The trick in Teststand deployment is to build the application (the sequence + operator interface) on the developer machine without including the AudioMASTER components in the build, then installing the sequence and AudioMASTER (by using the AudioMASTER installer) on the target machine. This will ensure correct registy settings on the target machine for AudioMASTER.

AudioMASTER Vi's should not be compiled to LabVIEW 2010.

Message 7 of 10
(3,717 Views)

Thanks guys.

I re-imaged my development PC, and I am preparing to build another TestStand deployment.  I also came to the conclusions that I should not mass compile AudioMASTER into LV2010, and I would have to install AudioMASTER separately on the deployment PCs.  I will follow up with the results.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,710 Views)

I have managed to deploy my sequence with AudioMASTER steps, and the AudioMASTER steps are working.  I installed the deployment and AudioMASTER separately, and I did not mass compile the AudioMASTER steps.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,694 Views)

Thanks for the positive feedback 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,689 Views)