From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearence (formating) of LabviewStrings in TestStand Report (Report Text and log)

Hi everybody,

I have a problem regarding the appearance (formatting) of a string variables in TestStand Repotrs (Reported Text or log).

And: the format is even different between Report Text and log. Perhaps there are even more possibilities to report Strings in reports. A figure of the original Labview string and the Teststand Report is attached. I added some dots to indent some lines; Main Problem: spaces and tabs are deleted in the report so I can not generate colums easily. Line endings appear with \r (but only in the report).

I would like to have a good formatting (diffent colums) in TestStand  AND in Labview, so using HTML formatting will not work in Labview...

Is there a possibility to keep the formatting even the TestStand Report is a HTML Document?!?!?

Thanks.

System: Windows 10, Labview 2016 (32 bit), TestStand 2016 (32 bit)   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,299 Views)

Hej Run321,

If I get your problem right, then you need to convert your string into html format.

I don't have an overview of your code, but isn't it possible to create directly an html file or string type?

Would it make sense to send over the data strings separately, instead of one long string?

Did you already tried to change the carriage return into the html <br> command with string manipulation in your VI?

If none of those options doesn't solve your problem, could you please send us some more information about your Test script and Test VI?

Thank you,

Regards

ToVo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,261 Views)