NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algorithm for approaching a selected frequency

Currently have a DUT that I will be measuring the frequency( Test Point) with a BK 1856D Frequncy Counter. That result will be saved and Test stand will take that number and compare it to our goal which is  900 Mhz +/- 1%. If it is within the alloted Max Min range it will Pass and go onto the next step if not it will send the DUT a new freq varible # and repeat measurment process untill Dut is within spec. 

I have a simple compare algorithm right now that is not fast enough,does anyone have an example program\sequence that will accomplish this in the most time efficient manner.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,218 Views)

Dear ZSchneider,

What version of TestStand are you using? What development environment are using to develop your code modules? Which flow control steps are you using in TestStand? How fast is your current test sequence executing? Are you loading your steps dynamically? Let me know.

Regards,

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,178 Views)

I am using Test Stand 2010(SP1), and Labview 2011(Sp1), I am not really concerend with how fast labview\teststand is running more concerened with what is the best way to receive a measurment from DUT and make an Algorithm that will get to a desired value as quick as possible.

For example Read Frequency Measurment===  920 hz

Adjust DUT frequency lower=== 910 hz

Still too high== 905 hz

Dut in within required spec= 900 +-2 PASS

Looking for the fastest way to approach this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,102 Views)

Hi ZSchneider,

I would say that this is probably a question better suited for the Instrument Control forum, if you take a moment to refine your question a little better. It's difficult to know the most efficient way of solving your problem with the information you've given. 

It sounds like you are calibrating the DUT during the TestStand sequence until it reaches a passing status. Is the focus of your question about determining the quickest way to adjust the frequency while comparing it in a Numeric Limit Test? Perhaps it may benefit you to review the Verification and Validation Best Practices, specifically the section on Components of TestStand.

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,041 Views)