NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Sequence Step Using LabVIEW VI Does Not Stop At VI Breakpoint

Hi everyone, in my sequence file I have an action step which calls a LabVIEW VI.  In this VI, at the beginning of the code, I use the TestStand "Start Modal Dialog VI" and at the end of this VI I use the TestStand "End Modal Dialog VI."  In between is my execution code.  I put a breakpoint in my VI to do some debugging while running this VI within my TestStand sequence.  

My issue is when running this step in my sequence file the breakpoint never gets hit and the VI does not get popped up and halted at the breakpoint.

When I run the VI by itself (outside of the sequence and just in LabVIEW), I see the breakpoint hit and the code halts at the breakpoint.

What could be causing the breakpoint to never get hit when running it as an action step in a sequence?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,058 Views)

Hello Testdesign,

Can you tell me what the steps you go through when you insert this 'breakpoint' of yours?  I would like to know exactly how and where you're doing this in TestStand and/or LabVIEW VI so I can get a clear picture and understanding in order to make sure we're on the same page.  

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,032 Views)