From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove all NI packages

FWIW, I just found a scenario where I wanted to remove everything (except for NIPM). I saw (and kudoed) the idea exchange post for it but needed a solution in the short term. In case anyone else finds themselves in this scenario, I did the following using powershell and a bit of excel/notepad++ trickery. (There's probably a cleaner way, and you could easily write a VI to do this, but I /hope/ I don't have to do it again, so I just brute-forced it.)

1. Run the following:

PS C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager> .\nipkg.exe list-installed | Out-File c:\temp\packages.txt

2. Open packages.txt with excel and sort on first column
3. Delete all other columns; save it (still as a .txt file)

4. Open the text file in notepad++ or similar; replace all \r\n sequences with a single space
5. Copy that entire string in to the clipboard
6. Use the following command

PS C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager> .\nipkg.exe remove -y -v --allow-uninstall <your string here>

7. You'll probably be greeted by one of two things:

• First, you might get a message saying the command is just too long. In that case, grab a portion of the string and just rerun the command with a subset of the packages.
  • You will also get the following:
Conflicting requests.
Solution 1:
- Cancel removal of 'ni-package-manager'
Conflicting requests.
Solution 1:
- Cancel removal of 'ni-package-manager-deployment-support'
Conflicting requests.
Solution 1:
- Cancel removal of 'ni-package-manager-released-feed'
- Cancel removal of 'ni-package-manager-released-feed'
Conflicting requests.
Solution 1:
- Cancel removal of 'ni-package-manager-upgrader'​
  • Go back to the text editor and remove the packages that it suggests from the string.
  • Rerun.
--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,051 Views)

Hi Chris,

See my latest comment on the idea exchange post. 🙂

APena_0-1575580748038.png

Thanks. 

Aaron Peña

Product Owner, Package and License Management

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,037 Views)

As for the steps from 1 to 5, if you are using WSL/WSL2/GNU tools (windows version),

then you can get that long string by executing,

$ /mnt/c/Program\ Files/National\ Instruments/NI\ Package\ Manager/nipkg.exe list-installed | awk '{print $1}' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/ /g'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)