cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabVIEW 2019 using command prompt

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I tried installing Labview 2019 (64-bit) and TestStand 2019 (64-bit) from command prompt but it throws the following error.

Screenshot_39.png

Is there any way to install these packages through command prompt?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,510 Views)

You will need to have NIPM first register to the correct feeds that can provide those packages. You can do that via the feed-add command in the NIPM CLI. Were you trying via nipkg.exe or NIPackageManager.exe? Both have a command line interface.

NIPM Feeds of interest

LabView 2019: https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2019/19.1/released

TestStand 2019:  https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-t/ni-teststand-2019/19.0/released

(4,478 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Janani_28

This should work for your case

NIPackageManager.exe install ni-labview-2019-core-en --temp-feeds=https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2019/19.1/released

(4,473 Views)
Hi, Thanks for the response. By following the steps you have mentioned I was able to install LV 2019 and TS 2019 softwares through NIPM CLI commands.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,432 Views)

Hi,

In addition to LV and TS softwares, does TestStand Support Module (2019) also present in the same feed? or where can we get the info regarding the feeds for NI packages? It would be very helpful if get some info regarding feeds lists in proceeding further.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,425 Views)

The easiest way to find the feed information is to first manually install the package. NI software will automatically add its feeds to NIPM. In the NIPM GUI, check Show available packages and feed management tools to see all the added feeds. There is now FEEDS tab in the configure gear menu. Each "major" tool (DAQmx, LabVIEW, drivers) have their own matching name feed. However if you know the package name, you can find the feed via the command line: nipkg.exe list-source-feeds package-name

Then you can install the same way as the marked solution on another PC. Also you can use NI Package Builder to build a package installer with all the packages you want installed together. The package installer can be run without user intervention via command line.

Message 6 of 11
(4,398 Views)

It would be easier if they just published a list of all the packages available, and the URI, instead of asking users to install them all manually first, just to glean this information.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,386 Views)

@MRC-CBU wrote:

It would be easier if they just published a list of all the packages available, and the URI, instead of asking users to install them all manually first, just to glean this information.

If you create your own package that has NI dependencies, NIPM 20.0+ will automatically detect and get the NI software. Unfortunately it seems that capability has not been pushed fully to the command line.

Message 8 of 11
(4,380 Views)

Forum software just wiped a multi page reply! 😞

The short version then:

We used to use the following in version 14, the last time I looked at this:

setup.exe /q /r:n /AcceptLicenses yes

I had no luck emulating this at first, but eventually got the following to work:

Start-Process .\"NIDAQmx20.1\Install.exe" -ArgumentList "--passive --accept-eulas --prevent-reboot"

Really, all I wanted was "NI-DAQmx", and I can do that manually, but could find no "easy" way to silent install this from the command line.

I had tried:

NiPackageManager.exe install NI-DAQmx --temp-feeds="<server>\<shared>\pool"

I also replaced "NI-DAQmx" with "ni-daqmx_20.1.0.49152-0+f0_windows_all", which didn't generate any errors, but didn't appear to do anything either.

I had read some people would perform a manual install with just what they want, but this lists the NI feeds, a package name, and a URL, and I found it all but impossible to map "NI-DAQmx", to a list of individual packages.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but for now the second command works for me, and I can get to the card from Matlab. It just takes up additional disk space with unneeded packages.

@CL_eisenwr wrote:

If you create your own package that has NI dependencies, NIPM 20.0+ will automatically detect and get the NI software. Unfortunately it seems that capability has not been pushed fully to the command line.

That would pull it from their own feeds, I assume?  We deploy installers to local disk with Altiris, then install from that local repository, so we would have preferred it to pull from that local "pool" folder.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,372 Views)

@MRC-CBU wrote:

@CL_eisenwr wrote:

That would pull it from their own feeds, I assume?  We deploy installers to local disk with Altiris, then install from that local repository, so we would have preferred it to pull from that local "pool" folder.

If you are making just a package, it will pull from NI's servers. If you create a package installer with NI Package Builder, it will make a local pool and installer that will install NIPM and then your selected packages. If you first install NIPM, you can register a feed to NIPM from shared network or local directory. You can create the feed with NIPM command line interface or the NIPM API. We have been creating feeds and package installers that are shared on our local servers to help speed up installations.

Message 10 of 11
(4,345 Views)