NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DETT version compatibility frustrating

Today I couldn't get the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit (DETT) to work (connect) at all, despite the VI Server settings being as far as I could tell correct.

After some searching, I found this table (Compatibility Chart) that indicates for LabVIEW 201[6-9] the 2019 version of DETT is fine, but for LabVIEW 2021 you need DETT 2021, and for 2020, 2020.

I check NIPM and find I have the 2021 version installed (I was suprised, it looks absolutely identical to me to the 2019 version I'd previously used).

To the cause of my frustration - unlike LabVIEW, I can't install multiple DETT instances side by side, so I'll have to uninstall 2021 to install 2019 to be able to troubleshoot 2019... let's hope I don't need 2021 again later.

I'm posting in the NIPM forum because my hope is allowing multiple installations might be easier than widening version compatibility?

Edit: as I click remove, I see this:

cbutcher_0-1658372589930.png

Is the chart wrong, or are these useless? Or just leftover from a 2019 version installation of DETT?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(998 Views)

On the bright side, uninstallation and installation was very quick.

Downside, still not working...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(991 Views)

Some combination of restarting PC and reinstalling DETT worked in the end. But it would be great if either multiple versions could be installed, or if the compatibility could be wider.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(985 Views)

I'm not sure about the root cause of your original issue. However, I have confirmed that if you install the 2021 version of DETT, it will bring along support for and work with LabVIEW 2019 as well as LabVIEW 2021. Note that you will need both the versions of LabVIEW already installed on the machine for the DETT LabVIEW support packages to be installed. Starting from your current state, where you have LabVIEW 2019 and 2021 and DETT 2019 installed, you should be able to just upgrade to DETT 2021 and find that it will work with both the versions of LabVIEW. Please try it out and let us know if you run into any more issues.

Message 4 of 4
(940 Views)