NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing STFT in labview FPGA (help needed)

hi,

I am trying to implement STFT in labview fpga. I have the following issues

1) the window function available in the FPGA toolset, is scaled window. How does it differ from say, ordinary window

2) i need to window the input data( in fpga vi, read from FIFO), pass it to FFT function, so, i need to shift the index

of the window function . for example, suppose data length ( 1 frame acquired) =M= 17, window length=15, delta=1.

so, i will need to window the data from 0 to 14, 1 to 15, 2 to 16( i dont do any zero padding etc). so, three window frames.

now, in the fpga vi, this would mean using the window function in for loop, and since i cannot use for loop within SCTL,

so, i supoose i cannot put the window and FFT within SCTL?

3) the window function shows the termonal "coefficient index"? what is this meant for. the help document does little help to explain.

does that mean, index of the input data, from where length L window coefficients will be extracted?

4) The way i do it is

create a host FIFO( DMA) of size 17

transfer one frame of real time data,of length 17 to fpga fifo

now, the window will window this, followed by fft, and write 16 points( 16 poin fft) to write fIFOon fpga vi.

however, till i acquire next frame of data from host, i need to get  2 more windows of the input, followed by fft.

how do i do that?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

sid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,419 Views)