From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solar battery charge controller

I need to design and simulate solar charge controller for 12V lead acid battery..charge controller basically dc-dc boost converter i.e. voltage multiplier which I sucessfully simulated in Multisim..but now input to this charge controller will fed from to solar panel in parallel ..

Solar panel will give supply to charge controller which will double voltage on output..then load will be lead acid battery charging circuit which will charge lead battery to 12V so battery will drive 40W dc load which will be energy savers..

So how I can do all these in Multisim..especially PV modules which are not availble in Multisim and plus battery charging circuit how to check and verify in simulation whole design..block diagram I am attaching plus converter circuit..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,670 Views)

The PV modules convert light to electricity but Multisim doesn't simulate light, so you have to use parts such as voltage control voltage source, your input voltage represents light.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,600 Views)

hi , im having my final year project using co-simulation multisim and labview, my project is to charge 12v battery using 4sources of RE and monitor the consistency of V-I supply to the load. how i want to combine the circuit for battery charger > dc-dc converter > load and inverter circuit? and can we use LM317 to control our battery charger how discharge the battery charger if battery already full?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,684 Views)

Hi there

I am seeing that your concerns are regarding circuit design and hardware connections. Specifically, can you tell me what would be your LabVIEW and multisim questions since this a forum specialize on National Instruments software.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,662 Views)

hi guys,

i have a project how to charging and discharging energy from solar panel by using Ni MyRIO 1900 with labview. Can you hep me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,290 Views)

Hi All,

ditorahmataulia, is your project related to Multisim? This forum is related to Multisim, you probably would like to post your question on a forum for  LabVIEW or myRIO.

Academic boards

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-ELVIS/bd-p/10

LabVIEW 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,278 Views)