From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim toolbars are missing and cannot be re added by right clicking

In multisim 10 tool bars were disabled.  I tried to update to Multisim 10.0.1 to resolve.  Now the tool bars are all missing and there is no file menu.  Also right clicking on the menu bar does not give any options.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,272 Views)

Don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot. Put your Version 10 CD in the drive.Once the Multisim Logo comes up click on the place where it says to Install. You will be presented with a menu. Click the option that says Repair. If there are files missing or corrupted then this possibly could resolve the problem for you. After doing this you will might have to re-install the 10.0.1 upgrade.

Try this and let me know if it worked.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,265 Views)
You can also try deleting all the files inside the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Application Data\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\10.0\config

Empty that folder, and then restart Multisim, it will recreate the configuration files. It might be possible that the Application Data folder is hidden, so you have to make it visible in Windows.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,263 Views)
 I goofed up on my explaination. I am going to try again and do it right this time. You still have to have your CD in the drive for this to work.

Goto your National Instruments Folder on your hard drive.
Goto the Shared Folder.
Goto the folder that is labeled NIUninstaller.
Click the file named "uninst". Now you you will be presented with the menu. Highlight the product you wish to work with and then click Repair.

The above post I made I got confused. You can Un-install and Re-istall using that procedure but it doesn't offer a repair option. I apologize for my error.

I would recommend trying Nestor's suggestion first as it may be less of a headache and sounds like a better option. If that doesn't work for you, then try my technique.
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,258 Views)