Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

highlight multisim / ultiboard

Hi,

I can not understand why the highlight selection from multisim to ultiboard is so useless !

When we select an part in multisim and ask a highlight selection to ultiboard, the component is just "highlight" with a box. The problem are:
Is the component is outside the window, we can not see it.
If the board have more than 10 components, it is hard to find the an highlight.
The highlight components in ultiboard are not selected ==> so we even can't move the highlight components.

Very strange feature...
This command is so important, but we can't use this.

From Ultiboard to multisim, it works well.

Does anyone have an explanation ?

Thanks a lot

Sebastien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,385 Views)
Hello Sebastien

In order for you to be able to see the selection slightly easier changing the colour scheme of your Ultiboard layout may be helpful. To do this:

1.) Depending on the version of Ultiboard you have, go to Options --> Global Preferences or Options --> Preferences.
2.) Select the Colors tab
3.) By changing the Background and Selection Color schemes to more contrasting colours you may be able to improve the visibility of the highlighted objects.

Also using this in conjunction with features such as Spreadsheet View by having the reference designator will be helpful in finding the component.

As Uliboard continues to be integrated more fully into the Multisim design flow, we will in our future releases begin to have features such as the Highlight component mirror one another closer in both EWB products. So the actual "highlighting" will become far bolder and in the style of Multisim. At the moment changing the colour scheme to give a more significant visual weight to such selections will definitely be helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,346 Views)
A possible solution that should be coded is when the part is selected for highlighting, ultiboard dims all the layers (similiar to the design toolbox check marks) but keep the component in focus "balloon like" window full color, undimmed, with autozoom with a scaled perspective where the component exists on the pcb. When the highlight command is deactivated, it should restore the previous zoom and layer settings before the highlight command was initiated.

Chris

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,266 Views)

I have the same problem as chtioub:

The highlight components in ultiboard are not selected ==> so we even can't move the highlight components.

Is there any posibility to select elements in ultiboard by selecting them in multisim? I have a huge PCB and I would like to select group of parts that are in the initial position, all resistences together, all capacitors together, etc. and selecting the group of parts from multisim to ultiboard I could place them easily without selecting them one by one.

Higinio Alavés Mañogil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,934 Views)

Sorry!! Thanks you all for your replies

Higinio Alavés Mañogil
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,933 Views)