From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autorouter V10 returning clearance errors.....again

V10.0.1 autorouter is returning clearance violation errors when returning from incomplete routing procedures. All some designs the clearance errors are present even after 100% completion........I believe that this is connected to the improper shape passing between UB and UR.

Needs attention. V9 didn't do this as it fixed 7 and 8 when it did!

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,362 Views)
Hi Kittmaster:

Could you please post the file that is giving these errors. It will help us to identify what the issue is. If posting on the forums is not possible, please send it to ewbsupport@ni.com with the subject Garret: autorouter clearance error.

Thanks.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,353 Views)
I really hate posting my work, but if this get this solved, then so be it.

When you try to autoroute this board, just zoom into the "cross" pushbutton switches.....or any other device that has square pads........the autorouter turns them into CIRCLES!!

That is the same old behavior of UR in version 7, 8, and 9. So IF it gets lucky and finishes 100%, you now get clearance violations because it used the wrong shape to route the trace.

Message Edited by kittmaster on 07-31-2007 01:06 PM

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,348 Views)

So, there are two issues here that I will note separately...

1. Turning square pads into circular pads "during" routing is a cosmetic issue only, it is fixed in our internal build and is on hold to be verified on our next update or release (you can reference this report with us in the future with ID 105795). Once you finish routing, the pad shape returns to the original square. Internally, the autorouter never changes the shape for the pad, is only the graphics engine that is drawing the shape for you to see it on screen while is routing.

2. DRC errors when finished. This is independent from the shape problem you see, and has to do with the autorouter itself overriding clearances when routing in some places. R&D is actively working to improve the autorouter and avoid this, currently you need to manually move the trace where a DRC error shows up after routing.

This is the status update on these issues...

Chris, if you wish not to post your work here on the forums, you can email it to us to ewbsupport@ni.com...

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,322 Views)
Nestor

For #1 Ok makes sense I guess.

For #2, that is what I've been doing since version 7. While it makes sense, sometimes there is no way move the trace and requires a component move (not always possible) or tearing up 3-10 traces.....but either way, will look for the fix in the next update.......is there a timeline for next incrimental update?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,320 Views)
We don't have yet a timeline but we will post it as soon as a decision is made. I do apologize if this has been a recurring problem you have faced, we are testing improvements to the autorouter algorithm and this problem you reported is part of the things we will be testing.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,317 Views)